Recently I had to convert a list of items in a word doc over to a yaml file in order so that I could load the data into our database. The word doc only contained the data necessary that a human could read and understand what was needed (meta data), but looked nothing like what the final yaml needed to look like. So I had two options, either sit there for 2 hours typing everything by hand over to yaml, or spend 20 minutes learning how to use the regular expression finding feature in TextMate. I went with the latter and am oh so glad I did. $1 is now my friend.
If you haven't tried it yet, play around with it ad see how awesome it can be!